Summer knockout draw

1st round to be played by Dainton which is the 7th July.

Lowest plays of scratch and difference for the other, if your game is not played at a society event, the person drawn out 1st has choice of course.

John Dibbs V BYE

Phil Beynon V Mike Partridge

Simon Challis V Paul Weller

Nigel Hardy V Dave Lawson

Ray Dwan V Tony Townsend

Mark Reynolds V Roy Mitchell

Pete Skinner V Marc Newton

Ray Phare V BYE



Results for Oake Manor 08.06.21

Again 14 attendees for the day.

As you will see scores was very tight at the top end of the table.

Below you will see I have added the best scores for the last 3 rounds to give you all an idea of the league positions for the best 5 scores, along with the results.

1st Place Tony Townsend 34 points BB9

2nd Place Simon Challis 34 points BB9

3rd place Nigel Hardy 34 Points

Wooden spoon Ray Dwan 22 points.

Just the 1 Two for the day and with a roll over Matt Dunbar took the balls.

3 rounds for Best 5 scores

Oake Manor results

Tiverton Thursday 20th May 2021 Results

Results below for Tiverton,

14 Attendees for the day, which was not a bad turn out considering the high winds and rain, though the rain was not as bad as we all predicted.

1st Place John Dibsdale 36 points

2nd Place Pete Skinner 34 points BB9

3rd Place Tony Townsend 34 points

Wooden spoon Nigel Hardy 21 points

No 2’s so the balls will be rolled over to the next event.

Tiverton results Rnd 2 20.05.21


Stover results

A good turn out of 16 for the 1 day of the season, hope you all had a good day.

1st Place Tony Townsend 35 points

2nd Place Ray Phare 34 points

3rd Place Mark Reynolds 32 points

Just the 1 2 for the day which was Tony Townsend.

Below is the results and Handicap changes.

Next event is Tiverton Thursday 20th May.

Stover results 06.05.21

2021 1st event is nearly Stover Thursday 6th May 13.00 hrs 1st tee

Hi All, hope your all keeping safe and looking forward for the season to go ahead this year, hopefully we will get a full season in this year,  there was a committee meeting last week and to keep you all informed are a few notes about the season ahead.

  1. Annual Membership fee of £25 due at first meeting.
  2. Match fees remain at £25 golf only and £30 golf plus meal.
  3. 2’s—£2 each meeting
  4. Nearest pins. Due to covid restrictions we are unable to have nearest pins or longest drives. A proposal was received to consider other things for a change and it was agreed that throughout the season the Sponsor on the day (John Dibs at Stover) would decide e.g. 3rd prize, teams event, blind pairs etc
  5. First Meeting—-Stover on Thu 6 May at 1.00pm. Only limited food, pasty etc will be available. Many clubs are now asking for numbers in advance. In this respect, would you please message me on Whatsapp group by the end of next week to advise whether you will be attending. Nothing to stop you turning up on the day, but always good to have an adea of numbers a few days before.
  6. Other fixtures—-Mark will see if he can rearrange the Okehampton fixture later in the season. The end of season fixture is provisional at Exeter on Fri Oct 15th
  7. Handicaps. As previously stated, golf club members will start with their current WHS index at the first meeting. Non club members will be provided with 1 shot more than their last Society handicap. Marc will gather all new handicaps and provide these at Stover. The Capt or V.Capt will contact each club before visiting to establish that club’s “slope index” as that is used to give each playing handicap on the day.
  8. Tour—we will be making every effort to go to Bowood this year, July 16/17/18 and Marc will make contact with organisers in due course.

Whilst we currently have 24 spaces booked, we will aim for 16 or 20. At present John is holding 13 deposits so please send him your deposit of £50 to secure your place.

Handicaps for Oakhampton

Hope to see you all at Stover.



Finally 2021 Fixtures are here.

Good day all,

I’m sure you are all looking forward to the 29th March and getting that dust off them clubs.

Below is this years Fixture list, all dates are confirmed any questions please let me know.

Sponsorship I have gone off last years list.

Handicaps all on their 1st event will play off their exact WHS Handicap for those who don’t have one will receive a 1 extra shot on their last society handicap.

More updates for this will follow closely to the start of the Season.

Fingers crossed for a long golf season

2021 ETGS Fixture’s

Next event Cover Match Friday 18th September

Meet at the Warren for 09.00 hrs latest no coffee or Bacon Bap

1st Tee 09.30 Foursomes 9 holes.


4BBB 12.00 1st tee off 18 holes

1 course meal after.

Cost will be £35 PP

Pairs in order as follows

Marc N – Matt D

Tony T – Ray P

Roy M – Pete S

Nigel H – Martin C

Steve P – Dave L

Simon C – TBC

See you there hopefully we can win the trophy back.

3 clubs and a Putter 10.07.20

it was Good to have a catch up with everyone due to the current situation.

We had a good evening with 12 people playing, though it was a bit breezy.

1st Place was Phil Beynon 20 points

2nd Place Matt Dunbar 16 points

3rd Place John Dibsdale 15 points

it was agreed that we will write the society meetings off this year unless we have any trouble with transferring the deposits paid to next year.

We have also said about hopefully having a couple of friendly’s in September at Woodbury and Exeter which we will inform closer to the time.

Latest update COVID – 19 17.05.20

Latest update.

Tour is cancelled this year and is all booked for next year for Friday 16th to Sunday 18th July, at the same venue Bowood.

All who have paid in full or deposit has been carried over, should anyone require their deposit they need to talk to John Dibs.

Those who have not paid deposit of £50 to John to secure your place.

As for society meetings we hope to resume early July If this is not the case the season will be cancelled and we will try and arrange some friendly matches towards the end.

Due to tour been cancelled I am looking at organising a 1 night get away with 2 rounds of golf. possibly St Mellion around the end of September those intrested just let me know.


We will update you as things change.