Hi All, hope your all keeping safe and looking forward for the season to go ahead this year, hopefully we will get a full season in this year, there was a committee meeting last week and to keep you all informed are a few notes about the season ahead.
- Annual Membership fee of £25 due at first meeting.
- Match fees remain at £25 golf only and £30 golf plus meal.
- 2’s—£2 each meeting
- Nearest pins. Due to covid restrictions we are unable to have nearest pins or longest drives. A proposal was received to consider other things for a change and it was agreed that throughout the season the Sponsor on the day (John Dibs at Stover) would decide e.g. 3rd prize, teams event, blind pairs etc
- First Meeting—-Stover on Thu 6 May at 1.00pm. Only limited food, pasty etc will be available. Many clubs are now asking for numbers in advance. In this respect, would you please message me on Whatsapp group by the end of next week to advise whether you will be attending. Nothing to stop you turning up on the day, but always good to have an adea of numbers a few days before.
- Other fixtures—-Mark will see if he can rearrange the Okehampton fixture later in the season. The end of season fixture is provisional at Exeter on Fri Oct 15th
- Handicaps. As previously stated, golf club members will start with their current WHS index at the first meeting. Non club members will be provided with 1 shot more than their last Society handicap. Marc will gather all new handicaps and provide these at Stover. The Capt or V.Capt will contact each club before visiting to establish that club’s “slope index” as that is used to give each playing handicap on the day.
- Tour—we will be making every effort to go to Bowood this year, July 16/17/18 and Marc will make contact with organisers in due course.
Whilst we currently have 24 spaces booked, we will aim for 16 or 20. At present John is holding 13 deposits so please send him your deposit of £50 to secure your place.
Hope to see you all at Stover.